Blogging starts with passion, end with depression. Many geeks start their blogging career with a dream to reach the top but very few withstand with the amazing phases of blogging career. There are lots of issue they phase, they make new friends , lose an old one. They pass with lots of dilemma in mind, what to do, what not to do. Lots of opinion came from all around; some good, some bad. And ultimately either they become successful or their blogging career end with a deep sleep. Here are the few points which can be responsible for any blog failure:
1) Blog without Niche: Blogging is not a Spicy Sicilian Pizza where you serving lots of flavours in a single place. Many bloggers do this mistake frequently, they write on various topics without any research. This will result in migration of readers from a blog and the result is fail.
.2) No frequent Update : This could not be applicable to established bloggers who blog from past 2 to 3 years and give only few hours to their blog, but for any new blogger, blog update is very necessary, both from SEO point of view and readership point of view.
Image credit My Blog is a Fish Market
3) Placing too many advertisement: Suppose you are visiting a new place and find posters of different movies stick everywhere on a wall in a very bad way. How can you able to stick at that place for so many time. Blog is also a place where visitors visit to see the creation of others. Don’t surprise them with those crap advertisement.
4) Changing blog URL frequently: Now this is funny one, Suppose you want to change your own name, change it, after few months you realize your mistake and want to change it to some other name. It will be very difficult for visitor to identify your blog when you change the URL of you blog.
5) Too much concentrate on Affiliate marketing: Affiliate marketing is a nice method to earn money, but it is a slow process, many blogger want to earn money rapidly and the end result will diminished the reputation of blog. So don’t make affiliate marketing your motto. Try to give information as your first preference and selling others product as your second preference.
6) Choosing a wrong blog platform: Well most of the people start their blogging life with a free blog platform which also offer free hosting and when their blogging career start growing, they want to move to other blog platform. This would result in loss of page rank and visitors too. This mistake should be avoided.
7) No social buzz via social media: Writing article is very necessary for any blogger but distributing content through social media is more necessary because in lack of awareness , anyone can miss social exposure, which is mandatory for any blog.Twitter and Facebook are some famous social networking websites which can be used as Social media.
8 ) Publish without editing: This one is a common mistake. Many bloggers can’t take a penny to edit their blog post. There are two reasons behind that. First is they think, whatever they write is very much correct in terms of spelling and grammar an and second point is they are willing to publish their post rather than edit it. This is a bad habit. It ultimately results in lots of Grammar, spelling and other mistakes which result in degrade of the quality of post.
Image credit I am a killer
9) Too much emphasize in killer posts: Some person willing to give killer articles on their bog. They forget that blog is a conversation too. If you serve so much delicious food daily to any person then it would result in acidity. Give your visitors that much amount of spicy article that they able to consume it. Try to give two killer post in a week and make rest of your post normal. Here from killer post I mean Top 10 articles or an article which consists of huge list of any application.
10) Choosing a wrong blog design: Choosing a wrong blog design or choosing a wrong theme would increase a bounce rate of your blog visitors, also it would effect the revenue of a blog and SEO portion of the bog.