Blackberry curve 8520 is perhaps the most sold out Blackberry device today and has easily become one of the devices to make a real style statement. And we all love to download applications on our blackberry. However, one place where RIM doesn’t quite match up to its competitors such as Android and iOS is that the choice of applications is not huge, there are few applications worth downloading and even fewer of these are for free. So here are the chosen 5 free applications without which I cannot imagine my Blackberry!
1) Facebook: We cannot imagine our lives without being socially connected to all our friends now and with the ever growing popularity of Facebook, one thing is extremely clear that its one site we cannot have enough of. So what to do when you are on the move? Well this is where Facebook application from RIM comes handy. Available for free, it integrated your Facebook messages to your Text messages and this way you never miss an important note on your wall or a message to your inbox! All your notifications are displayed right as they appear and it’s really handy for those who use Facebook to communicate extensively to their friends. Easily the best application out there on Blackberry even if the version is slightly older as compared to those on IOS and Android!
2) Player For Youtube: A major problem with 8520 is the lack of flash player on the browser and going to youtube opens the mobile site which charges from your credit according to the network providers rates for WAP. In this scenario, a great way around is to download this free application from the store to watch your favorite media content. It is a strictly WI-FI based service, nonetheless it lets you enjoy your videos without the added tension that your valuable credit is being utilized. The application is built with a nice UI and is responsive though videos seem to take slightly longer to load.
3) SmartBBattery: A major flaw with blackberry phones esp the curve series is the lack of numeric battery values. All you is a bar on top indicating the battery and that at times may not quite tell you the true story of your battery. I found this application very handy. It shows the battery condition in a percentage value in your main menu. You also have the added option of displaying the battery temperature and voltage though personally speaking I have never used those features.
4) Navita Translator: Imagine having google translator with you always. Wont that be amazing cause you could then translate anything you read in an alien language to the one you understand. This is especially handy for those who are travelling abroad. Navita translator gives you the option of translating between a lot of languages. It also has a speech functionality so you do not go wrong with the pronunciation of the word. In my opinion it is a must have application especially for students who are learning a new language, very handy to cheat in the test.
5) Who Is It: It is an amazing application. So many times when we get a call or a text and we are across a room, we come across to the phone only to see its from a contact we are not much in a mood to talk to. This situation can be avoided by who is it. It lets you configure your 10 favorite contacts and assign them particular colours. So when they call or text, the same colour LED would flash on your mobile device. For example, if I assign Padmaja Singh white LED coulour, when she calls me the LED notifier on the top of my screen will blink in white color instead of the usual red and I can easily make out from a distance that she is calling! It is an amazing way to personalize your cell phone and very very handy!
So these are the top recommended apps for Blackberry. What are your favorite apps? If you have any suggestions or query you can always write to us at tips@ blogtechnika.com.