Broken links are those links which are mistakenly typed incomplete. These links are either not a link or a wrong link redirecting to error page. When I checked Broken links of my blogs I found several broken link on my blog and corrected it with the help of WordPress plugin known as Broken link checker.
This plugin automatically find all the broken links on the blog and display it when requested.
You may see option panel in which it tells you about all the present links and broken links present in the blog.
You can edit all the broken links manually . It is very easy task.
- 1) Monitors links in your posts, pages, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- 2) Detects links that don’t work and missing images.
- 3) Notifies you on the Dashboard if any are found.
- 4) Also detects redirected links.
- 5) Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- 6) Link checking intervals can be configured.
- 7) New/modified posts are checked ASAP.
- 8) You view broken links, redirects, and a complete list of links used on your site, in the Tools -> Broken Links tab.
- 9) Searching and filtering links by URL, anchor text and so on is also possible.
- 10) Each link can be edited or unlinked directly via the plugin’s page, without manually editing each post.
So install this plugin immediately and check all the broken links of your blog. It will definitely a good step to help out your blog’s SEO.