In seven days time at Moscone Center in San Francisco Google I/O would kick off. We are all eagerly anticipating the conference since a lot of new features and devices are expected to be announced. We may see the Siri competitor from Google and also there are reports of seeing the new Nexus line of devices and obviously the Nexus tablet. However, for those who wish to stay updated with all the happenings of the Google I/O which is Google’s annual developer conference, Android Play store now has the Official Google I/O application.
The application is much better from how it was last year. It also now has built in integration for Google Plus. Also included is the ability to go for a conference directly from the application. The entire list of features in the application are listed as below:
- View the conference agenda and edit your personal schedule
- View detailed session, code lab, and speaker information, including speaker bios, photos, and Google+ profiles
- +1 sessions right from the app
- Participate in public #io2012 conversations on Google+
- Guide yourself using the conference map
- Get a reminder a few minutes before sessions in your schedule are due to start
- View information about companies in the Developer Sandbox
- Keep up with announcements from the I/O team during the conference
- View your schedule on your Android 3.0+ device’s home screen using an app widget
- Play back “I/O Live” session video streams on your Android 3.0+ devices
- Automatically sync sessions in your schedule to your Android 4.0 device’s calendar
- Beam session details from your Android 4.0, NFC-enabled device to another using Android Beam
This application is definitely helpful for both the people going to the conference as well as those who wish to follow it from a distance and keep tabs on the keynotes going on. You can download the application from here.