Moto X is perhaps one of the most talked about Android phone in the third quarter of 2013 so far. The device despite sporting average specs has some killer features which people are loving. Although the USP of the device is it’s customizations when it comes to the accent and back colors, most of the software goodness, thanks to the open nature of Android can be enjoyed on other devices. One such feature of the Moto X is active notifications, where you can check the notifications of the device even if it is locked as the notification buzzers on the dark screen telling you whether you have a new text or mail etc.
However, if you wish to enjoy the same feature on other android phones, then dynamic notifications is a wonderful application that you must try to enjoy active notifications. The application works better on AMOLED displays than LCD ones, but it does work. You get this nice little notification on your screen despite the device is locked in case of an event and you can swipe up to read the notification. The application is newly released so it does fail occasionally to deliver notifications but things work. In fact much better than having a pulsating LED light which doesnt tell much about the notification type.
Here are some of the features of the app:
- Notifications don’t light up when your phone is in your pocket, purse, or face down to avoid accidental unlocks
- Select which app-notifications you’d like to receive via DynamicNotifications
- “Custom timeout”: Select for how long DynamicNotifications should be shown (Premium feature)
- “Sleep at night”: Don’t show notifications at night (Premium feature)
- “More privacy”: Hide additional notification details (e.g. SMS text, sender) (Premium feature)
- “Adjust screen brightness”: Select how bright the DynamicNotifications screen should be (Premium feature)
- Automatically switch off screen when dismissing notifications(Premium feature)
The app is available for free as well as in a premium version.
You can pick the free version from Google Play here