Own an iPad, but don’t want to jailbreak it? No problem, Skyfire web browser is available in the app store which runs flash files without any hassle. In this browser when a user runs any flash video, it get downloaded on Skyfire’s server and then the video is decoded and encoded into HTML 5 and then it is transferred to iPad. The process takes very less time. So in real it doesn’t play flash, but converts flash into HTML 5 and displays it on your iPad screen.
This browser comes with lots of features such as social media integration, sharing options, tabbed browsing, private browsing and many more. One thing to note that it doesn’t support flash games and flash apps. Also famous video streaming service Hulu is not supported. Currently there are more than 10,000 flash related websites are supported.
• Play Flash videos in iPad without any hassle.
• ‘Skybar’ toolbar gives one-click access to video and related content
• Unique Facebook and Twitter ‘Quickview’ allows you to see your wall and feeds with one click.
• Fireplace: See only the links shared by Friends. Why? Filter what friends did from what friends shared (which is a great starting point for browsing)
• You can check the popularity of the site you are browsing according to Facebook community verdict.
• Instantly access Greader feeds to know what’s happening on other blogs.
• Share any content instantly via Facebook and Twitter.
• Share to services like GReader, Instapaper, Pinboard and Read It Later.
• Standard browser elements: Tabs, search, sharing, bookmarks, history, etc.
• Full screen option for maximum use of screen with scroll to top.
• ‘Desktop’ option loads pages as on a desktop browser, giving more flexibility in accessing web sites
• Private Browsing option: Browse with no history and cookies left behind
This app is available in App store with a price tag of $4.99.