Continuing with their efforts to ramp up the popularity and trust in their brand, Gionee Mobiles have released the Android 4.4 KitKat update for their mid range smartphone Gionee Pioneer P4. In a PR note, Gionee confirmed that the update will be available OTA for the users of the device and can already be downloaded as it has been made live already. The Gionee Pioneer P4 follows the likes of Gionee S5.5, E7 Mini and CTRL V5 in bringing the latest Android version on board.
This is a stellar effort from the Chinese manufacturers as they continue to outline that they are paying heed to the devices in the mid tier segment and not just the high end of the spectrum. However, the only blemish is that the company have not released the update for the Gionee Elife E7 which in more ways than one is the actual flagship of the company, so that is one wait which goes on. It is good to see though that despite big bold claims and promises, Gionee is working hard on delivering them, they may not be there completely, but the efforts are refreshing to see.
The release notes of the new update as outlined by the PR from Gionee are as follows:
- New Desktop layout
- Added Touchpal inputs method for faster and more efficient typing experience.
- Removed the world cricket champion and Real football game
- Updated Amigo paper with a brand new UI design
- Updated Game Zone with a new UI design.
- Updated GioneeXender for optimized performance and further improved the linking success rate
- Updated UC browser with optimized UI and page loading effects
- Updated NQ mobile security for better protection of your phone
- Updated Kingsoft Office for more efficient work and study related operations
- Added two games:Hitout Heroes and TexasPoker
- Updated Wechat with new interactive interface for smoother communication
- Updated Map with only one entrance into the main menu
- Theme and wallpaper will be reset to default after system update, but data will not be lost. Simply re-apply chosen theme and wallpaper.
The update is already rolling out for those with the device, we obviously do not have a P4 to testify this, so in case any of the P4 users do get the update, do let us know in the section below.