One of the great things about Absinthe is the simplicity of the tool. Although the production and implementation of a jailbreak is extremely difficult and requires a very unique skill set, the dev teams have managed to produce a tool that is extremely user-friendly and simple to use unlike the ones launched by redsnow which require tough combinations of button pressing.
- Take a backup of the device on iTunes and then update to 5.1.1 (latest update on iTunes for iDevice)
- Download Absinthe 2.0
- Extract all of the contents
- Place the files on your desktop for easy and quick access.
- Connect the device to be jailbroken with your computer using a standard 30-pin apple cable
- Launch the Absinthe tool through the executable file.
- The program will show an initial interface that will have some text-based information on it, and a “Jailbreak” button.
- If the device is connected properly then the Jailbreak button should be available.
- Press the button to begin the jailbreak process.
- When the process is complete and you’re able to see your device’s LockScreen, the Cydia icon will be present on the home screen.
- The device is now successfully jailbroken untethered and you can now install any extensions or packages via Cydia, provided that your device is supported by them.
Congratulations you have successfully jailbroken your iOS to 5.1.1. Though we highly recommend you to carefully backup all your data and applications before doing any of these steps. Please leave your valuable comments for the same.
Blogtechnika is not responsible if your device gets bricked during the process.