Marketing becomes an essential part of business and when you are a blogger, internet marketing is a key tool for you to promote your blog posts. There are lots of advantages of internet marketing, the most delighted feature of internet marketing is most of the time it is free. There are many starting ways to market your article totally free of cost. Here I am describing few points through which you can effectively market your post without spending any money.
1) Inform your blogger friends: After publishing your articles try to inform your other friends via twitter (you can DM them) or through messenger. No doubt it would be beneficial to you if they found your article useful and help to promote the article.
2) Tweet an article: Twitter is the most effective marketing tool at present. Use the power of Twitter in promoting your blog post, immediately after publishing your post, tweet it via Tweetmeme and make use of your own twitter username (@username instead of @tweetmeme). It helps to gain your popularity on Twitter.
3) Facebook: Facebook is no doubt the most emerging social networking or we can say social media site present on the internet. But there are very few peoples who use it very effectively. There are many ways through which we can promote our blog, few of them are Facebook Groups, facebook pages, facebook events, Share post, Networked blogs, Social RSS, blogcast etc.
5) Comment on other blogs: Commenting is the most effective way of getting traffic to your blog, people may get lazy in commenting practices but in reality comments give you lots, it exposes you blog and it give you an immediate blog readers. It may be possible that a visitor coming from a blog comment finds you blog very useful and may subscribe for your blog post.
6) Gmail status: Gmail status is also very effective marketing tool, but before using it try to make your blog network, try to add other blogger friends in your Gtalk list. After then use Gmail status technique. Every time when you publish a new blog post, try to give a link of your post through custom message. It can help to inform other blogger friends that something new matter arrived on your blog and they tend to check that article. If the article would nice, they don’t mind to promote the article.
7) Orkut status: Orkut status also effectively helps to market your articles, try to give a link of your latest blog post on your Orkut status, it is sure you will get some potential readers for your blog. Try to add Twitkut application on orkut, and make your latest tweets as your orkut status in the Twitkut setting. It will display all your latest Tweets and your friends will know your current status.
8 ) Connect your social networking sites: Connection of social networking sites to each other is very easy way to market your posts. If you are a Twitter user and you rarely come on Facebook then also you can effectively promote your blog via Facebook. There is an application known as Twitter in a facebook which connects your Twitter account with Facebook account. Twitkut connects your Twitter account with Orkut account, Similarly there are lots of services like Twiggit which connects your digg account with Twitter account.
9) Request for RT: It is not a matter of shame when you make a request to RT your articles from other bloggers. If the article is useful then you should take every step to make promote it, it really brings a big advantage for you because people will know your writing ability and your talent. Also it should be possible that you will get some quality freelancing work to do or there would guest post invitation waiting for you.
10) Use Ping.FM: Ping.fm is an effective way to promote your blog post on different social networking websites without visiting them, it will be time saver to you to use Pingomatic instead of visiting the sites. Make sure to make an account on various social media and social networking sites before using this service.