Are you a computer user who love to spend more than 6 hours in front of computer daily? Then be alert! Your eyes are in heavy risk! I am not telling these things to create any panic. This is true and medically approved that working more hours in front of computer can cause damage of eye sight.
Previously I wrote an article Is Blogging is an invitation to Doctor where I told you about disadvantages of spending more time on internet. Now I am going to tell you how your eyes effected from long usage computer and how to save your eyes from computer?
Yesterday while researching on internet I found a fantastic article How to save your eye sight from heavy or prolonged computer usage written by Evertheson. I want to share some important points with my readers.
These are some disadvantages quoted on Evertheson’s article
1) Continuously focusing at near objects (reading and staring on the screen) causes the eyeballs to adapt by altering its shape-becoming fatter and more circular (forgetting far focusing)-a condition referred to as being short sighted.
2) This usually comes together with a condition called dry eyes -eyes failing to produce enough tears leading to dryness, friction, irritation of the eyes and blurred vision.
3)In simpler terms continuous and repeated staring results in the tear ducts sought of losing the frequency upon which to produce tears resulting in a condition called dry eyes
1) Light Condition: Make sure that light condition of your room or office is good so that your computer light should suppressed. Use energy-efficient CFL bulbs (Compact fluorescent lamp) in your room. Make sure light from your computer should low from light from fluorescent bulb.
2) Open Space: Your computer should not place in front of a wall. There should be open space in front of a computer. Placing computer behind the wall brings a tension and pressure to the eyes.
3) Screen Brightness: Adjust the screen resolution of your computer according to your eyes comfort.
4) Take a break: Take a regular break after working each hour of work. Working continuously cause your eyes prolonged of danger.
5) Font size: Adjust the font size of your computer according to your ease. Use Ctrl+Up/Down button of your keyboard to adjust the font size
6) Schedule you work: Make a proper schedule of your computer work. Make sure your work schedule should be combination of computer and non-computer work. Give a proper break to your computer work after a regular time interval.
7) Quit Smoking: Though this tip is beyond computer usage but it is very important to follow. According to research smoking harms the delicate tissues of the eyes and increases chances of developing cataracts and AMD.
8 ) Monitor Position: You should work one arm away from your monitor and below eye level.
Apart from these precaution I highly emphasize on regular medical check up by a Doctor. Remember that precaution is always better than cure. If luckily your eyes are in better condition then don’t take it normally.
Nice read 30 ways to care for your eyes