We all love our resident email client on the Android Smartphone, however at times we do miss that little bit of flexibility and configurability. An extremely good alternative is the K-9 Mail client especially for your non Gmail accounts. The organizing ability and customization are one of the best things about K-9. We all love our emails and want to do it our way not like how set clients want us to. K-9 gives you the freedom t organize your mails in folders and how many of them you want to download on your device. It is without a doubt my favorite IMAP email client on my Android Device and one I cannot stop recommending.
Some of its features are:
- Supports IMAP, POP3, and Exchange 2003/2007 (with WebDAV)
- Unified Inbox
- Ability to archive, star, and mark messages as spam
- Supports IMAP IDLE, so all IMAP messages get pushed to your phone
- Ability to assign folders on your account to the archive, sent, spam, drafts, and trash features
- Set sync limits to save your phone’s battery and space
- Tweak the user interface by changing account colors and removing buttons
- Batch manage messages with a swipe
The best thing about K-9 mail is obviously that it is free and you do not even have to see the wasteful ads. The release notes of the Application maybe viewed at githubs. However, the only drawback I found was that it may take a little while getting used to K-9 and it initially may be a little confusing, however, spend some time and you would not regret it.
You too can download K-9 Email from Android Marketplace.
Which E-mail account do you use for your Android Smartphone, do let us know? Is it better than K-9?