We loved the first two Droid series of phones form Motorola. So as expected, Motorola is back with a bang again and this time with the Droid 3. Much better, faster and packing even more features in the previous set of Droid smart phones. With the device stacking up against the immensely successful Galaxy S ii and HTC Sensation, the Droid 3 is well equipped to stand on its own.
The device is the thinnest till date QWERTY slideout keyboard smartphone in the market and packs a wonderful 4 inch qhd screen. As expected it is a dual core phone with 1GHz on each core. The multi tasking which was dreaded on the previous versions of the Droid lines of phone is immensely improvised. The phone comes with an 8 mega pixel real shooter which is capable of shooting full HD videos and a dual flash LED are also attached to enhance the camera experience at night.
The phone also has the smart ESP docking technology in built to enhance your experience while docking it. There is also a quick office application pre installed for the office geeks and people who are always busy on their documents.
The battery on the device is 1540mAH which again is rather on a shorter side, hence Motorola have not really eradicated the complains of the customers asking for an improvement in the battery. The phone runs on the latest variant of gingerbread 2.3 and Moto Blur.
This phone is neatly priced at $199.99 at a 2 year contract with Verizon or about $ 459 unlocked.
- Talktime: Up to 550 minutes/Up to approximately 300 hours.
- Bands/Modes: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
- Weight: 184.0 g.
- Dimensions: 64.10(x) 123.30(y) 12.90(z) mm.
- OS: Android 2.3.
- Processor: Dual-core 1GHz processor.
- Battery: 1540 mAh.
- Connectivity: 3.5mm, USB 2.0 HS, HDMI, DLNA, OTA, Stereo Bluetooth, Version 2.1+EDR.
- Display: 4-inch qHD (Quarter High Definition) (540 x 960) TFT.
- Messaging: MMS, SMS, Email (Corporate Sync, Google Mail, Push Email, Yahoo!® Mail), IM (GTalk™, AIM, Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo!® Messenger), WebKit with Flash.
- Audio: AAC, AAC+, AAC+ Enhanced, AMR NB, AMR WB, MIDI, MP3, WAV, WMA v9/v10, OGG.
- Video: Capture/Playback/Streaming, HD video, Video-C/P 30fps, H.263, H.264, MPEG4, WMV v9/v10.
- Camera: 8-megapixel, VGA P2P video, 8x digital zoom, AF, LED.
- Storage: 16GB on-board memory, microSD card slot for up to an additional 32GB.
- Memory: 512MB RAM x 16GB eMMC.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Proximity.
- Location services: aGPS, sGPS, eCompass.
Would you be picking the Droid 3? Do let us know about your opinions on this flagship device by Motorola.
[via Motorola Media Center].