Google has recently introduced its latest Android OS – 7.0 Nougat which follows the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It has already been released for Nexus devices and is now rolling out for Android One smartphones and tablets. Soon, the upcoming phones will come built-in with this OS. We have listed out the features of Nougat below:
- Split-screen mode: Nougat has brought split screen functionality for stock Android devices, which was long overdue. This feature can be used in both -landscape and portrait modes and the windows are resizable in the portrait mode.
- Better Battery Life: While Android 6.0 Marshmallow introduced a ‘Doze’ feature which helps you save battery when your device is stationary, it has been improved in Nougat with on the go functionality. It means even when you are moving, and even the phone is not being used, the battery will enter saving mode.
- Redesigned Notifications mode: The notifications are now bundled together, and you have a new quick reply feature, where you can respond immediately without the necessity of opening the app. Also, you can put notification sounds in silent mode, block mode or don’t block or silence.
- Do Not Disturb: This feature has been tweaked and has multiple options for you to choose from, which include total silence, priority only short period or extended periods, alarms only, set rules for weekends, office hours & also block visual notifications.
- Better Quick Settings: Your notifications area will always have five toggles where you can customize your quick settings. You can only keep those shortcuts which you use regularly and access the others through settings.
- More emoji options: This update is for those of you who can’t get enough of those fun faces. Nougat supports, even more, emoji’s and you will be able to change the skin tone of your emoji also.
- Improvements in Security: This OS has introduced a new function, called seamless updates where it will allow your phone to download the software updates in the background and without interrupting your normal usage. The files will also be encrypted better, so there is a lesser chance of any deadly attack.