It was a rather surprising decision when Nokia announced the Nokia X2 almost a month or so back. We had all expected the slow death of the Nokia X series of devices after a fairly muted response that it received from the customers clearly saying that Nokia has not done Android right. During the launch of the Nokia X2, which runs Nokia X Software Platform 2, Nokia had announced that the previously launched Nokia X series while, will not get all the updates, few of the features will be made available to enhance the performances in the form of Platform 1.2 Update. This update is finally rolling out.
The update is available OTA already and you can find the same on your Nokia X line of devices by going into About Phone and looking for the update. Make sure you use a Wifi to get the update on your device as the file size is more than 100 MB.
Some of the most important new features that the Nokia X line of devices will get are as follows:
- Improved ease of use with the new app switcher – switch easily between open apps, or close apps with a single tap.
- Instant access to your mail, calendar, and notes with Outlook.com and OneNote.
- Updated Nokia Store – new design to help you find content more easily, and better integration with third-party stores.
- New scrollable widgets, call reject with a message, contact search in the dialler, automatic uploading to OneDrive, and local calendar support.
- General performance and usability improvements.