Are you a new user of WordPress. You don’t know about how to play with your Cpanel. You don’t even understand about the terms MySQL, Frontend, Cpanel etc. You might ignore all these terms in your daily blogging life. But do you know that these are the important terms for the maintenance for your blog.
No no, I am not going to say you that go and take a lesson of these terms. I want to tell you about a WordPress plugin which can automatically optimize your WordPress database from the single click. This plugin is WP-Optimize WordPress Plugin.
According to Developer of this plugin
Everytime you save a new post or pages, wordpress creates a revision of that post or page. If you edit a post 6 times you might have 5 copy of that post as revisions. Imagine if your post or pages are long and big. It is a huge number of bytes thats on your MySQL overhead. Now WP-Optimize allows you to optimize and shrink your posts table by removing not necessary post revisions from the database. As example, if you have a post which is approximately 100KB data and you have 5 revisrions of that post, the total space wasted is about 500KB. And if you have 100 posts similar to it, you have 50MB database space wasted.
WP-Optimize check the database tables thoroughly and figure out overhead and wasted spaces. You can shrink or get rid of those wasted space by the single click.
Features of WP-Optimize:
- 1) Remove the wordpress post revisions including post meta data garbage
- 2) Remove all the comments in the spam queue
- 3) Remove all the un-approved comments
- 4) Rename one username to another username, it’s designed to rename default “Admin” user to something else
- 5) Apply mysql optimize commands on your database tables without phpMyAdmin.
- 6) Display Database table statistics. Shows how much space can be optimized and how much space has been cleared.
How to use this plugin
After installing and activating the plugin. Go to Dashboard> WP- Optimize
You will headed to a page. I am dividing the page into three sections
Database Optimization Option
You can check the options given on the page:
Database Table reports
You will see a detailed report showing Table size, status and space you can save by optimizing the table.
It displays the amount of space you can save by optimizing your database.
You can also change your admin username without going into the phpMyAdmin.
Advantage of smaller database size
1) Advantage of small database size is that it can help to load your blog faster. It save most of the hosting space and most helpful for those who have limited hosting space.
2) You can play with your database without actual knowledge of MySQL.
So install this Wp-optimize plugin and optimize your blog to have faster accessibility and happy blogging life. You can ask anything regarding this plugin in a comment section. I will happy to reply all your queries.