If you have missed out on running away from shady demons on your Windows Phone 8 devices, then you have a reason to smile on now. Temple Run is official now for devices running Windows Phone 8 OS. Temple Run has been one of the most popular game across Android and iOS in the last couple of years. The game has been so popular that the developers decided to launch a follow up sequel game called Temple Run 2.
However, for Windows Phone 8 enthusiasts, only the original Temple Run has been made available so far. other popular games such as Gravity Guy, Ruzzle and Drift Mania. However, the current build of Temple Run does not use the Xbox integration built in the device and also you will have to wait a little longer before Temple Run 2 is available as Windows Phone 8 plays catch up yet again.
The game works well on the Lumia 920 we tested it on with no jumping of frames, we are not entirely sure how good the performance would be on some of the lower end devices as Temple Run can be pretty intense on the CPU and GPU of your device. The sad news is that though, that the game is not available for those who are running Windows Phone 7/7.5 or 7.8.
This may not be all, as Microsoft has promised some of the other big named games such as Jetpack Joyride on Windows Phone 8 too. So watch out this space as and when more news develops. We do hope that some of these games would also have new challenges for it’s users on Windows Phone 8.
Till then though, do share with us your high score and experiences on temple Run on Windows Phone 8 device in the section below. You can reach us on twitter at @Blogtechnika or @Techverarp too.
We don’t need to throw any light on the popularity of this game. The ratings are off the charts and it is one of the most popular games ever launched. It’s success also prompted android to launch the game recently. The simplicity of the game makes it possible for all age groups to try their hands on it. When a game gets this popular it obvious the competition to score big is ferocious. We often challenge our peers and close ones to try and beat our score or get challenged to beat theirs. So here’s how you can shine above the rest.
1. First of all you need to have surplus coins. You can get them by playing and collecting them or purchase them by paying dollars. If you have jailbreaked your Idevice then you can get unlimited coins using the iappcracker from Cydia.
2. Go to the store in the game menu. You will see 5 power ups with 5 empty bars. Don’t upgrade the coin power up, not even once.
Move to the next- The magnet power up. Upgrade it completely.
Then leave the next two power ups- the invisibility power up and the boost power up.
Upgrade completely the coin value power up.
3. Doing these means that you increase the probability and frequency of getting magnets during the game. If you have played the game you must be well aware that magnets and coins are the chief contributors to the score. The power ups you didn’t upgrade are not as important and as you didn’t upgrade them they won’t come during the game. Instead the extremely helpful magnet power up will appear in their place and hence you can enjoy it more often.
4. Now in the utilities section get the first one- the wings or the ability to resurrect after dying in the game. Purchase as many wings as you can afford. Don’t waste your coins on the normal boost of 1000 meters. Save the coins and always go for the 2500 meter boost.
5. Don’t waste your coins in unlocking characters. But in case you have plenty of Coins then you may afford to check out other characters to satisfy your curiosity. But seriously they dont help much.
6. Now after setting things right in the store, we tell you how to put it to use in gameplay. When the game starts instantly use the boost power up you purchased. If you are a pro then you can continue playing even after the boost finishes. But remember to activate the wing once you feel that the running speed is tough for you to control. Others who are less familiar with the game should double tap and activate the wing or resurrection power up.
7. Now the important part. You are safe as long as you are running with the wings on. This is because you will resurrect if you fall or get caught by beasts. But once you loose them after some time you are in harms way. So this is what you must do. When the wings start blinking intentionally fall somewhere or get caught or whatever. This will result in your resurrection but when you are reborn you will notice that the running speed of your player has decreased and hence you have better control. For some time you have to play without the wings. This is the duration when you are unprotected and if your player dies it’s game over. But it’s for a short duration. Keep your ears open for the tingling sound when the next wing is ready for use. Double tap again and use it. Continue in this manner. And don’t forget to try your best and get the coins as you are running by tilting the device. Coins propel your score.
I am sure that if you properly put to use these tricks you will have a score which even you won’t believe. If you have any issues regarding these tricks feel free to contact us or leave a comment. And also,if you come across any other tricks feel free to share it with us.
About a month ago a classmate of mine asked me, “Hey have you checked out this awesome game??”
“What is the name?”- I asked with anxiety.
“Temple Run” – the answer
Well definitely yes! Temple run is an amazing game and a must have game for the iDevices and Android.
Temple Run is played from a 3D view. We are a tomb robber being chased by temple guard beasts. The player runs straight forward, with the game’s camera positioned above and behind him. Players swipe up to jump, swipe down to slide, and swipe left and right to turn in either direction. Tilting your device left or right moves your runner left or right within his narrow lane, making it easier to collect coins. The longer a session gets, the faster he runs and the more frequent the obstacles become, requiring quicker and quicker reflexes to stay alive.
Power ups and upgrades are available in the game inbuilt store, the money is obviously the coins that you collect throughout the game.
Impatient players can also purchase coins with real money via an In-App transaction. Upgrades include a coin magnet, temporary invincibility, and doubling coin values after reaching specific distance milestones. These upgrades do increase Temple Run’s replay value, but like the challenges, they suffer from being a bit generic. We would like to see an upgrade for a bullet-time mode, a temporary rewind, a double jump.
Anything besides the standard ‘incincibility’. These features would definitely make the gameplay much better. Here are the download links for The Play Store and App Store.
For me this application gets a 8 on 10 rating.