In a news that will come as a more relief than anything else, HTC One International version is finally receiving the Android version 4.2.2 update. This finally brings the most sought out Android device at par par with the latest Android version alongside devices such as the LG Nexus 4 and the Samsung Galaxy S IV. It was a bit of a concern when the HTC One was announced with Android 4.1.2 out of the box but now the owners can finally enjoy the goodness of JellyBean 4.2.
Some of the newer features of Android 4.2.2 are as follows for the HTC One:
- Daydream finally comes to the lockscreen.
- You can now add one widget of your choice to the lockscreen.
- Ability to add battery percentage in the status bar of the device.
- Settings toggle in the notifications bar.
- Ability to add Instagram feed to Blinkfeed
- Improvements to the battery and Camera in terms of exposure.
- No more duplicate icons when placing them in the dock.
These are only some of the features of the 4.2.2 update on the HTC One. We will update this post when we receive the OTA update on our HTC One. If you are an HTC One International owner, keep an eye for the update too. Those on carrier bound devices may have to wait a while before the update rolls for them.